Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Somedays I just want to SCREEEAAMMMM! Anyone else feelin like that???

I had such a wonderful weekend too!  I got to watch my son run out on the field Saturday for the first time in 5 yrs!  It was so exciting and so emotional!  He is so happy to be living his dream again!  He has worked so hard for this and I am so proud of him!  You would think that high would last me a while but noooooo I came to work today! 

Somedays I wonder, what would they do if I just up and walked out?  Would they fire me?  Honestly, watching how things transpire here not thinking they would.  I am amazed by what is just looked over by certain individuals in the work place.  There is one here that can sleep in her chair and nothing is said.  She can "forget" to put a patient on the schedule, numerous times and nothing is done.  It is just so frustrating!  I am working here and staying here because I believe in this place but that being said I can't feed my family on belief.  I am just soooo fed up with work ethic in certain people and trying to carry the load in most circumstances that I truly am thinking of looking elsewhere.  Is that bad?  I feel like I would be betraying my Dr's but I have to keep my sanity and I am working 12 hr days every day to try to keep afloat with no raise in sight.  They have tried to work with me many different times but when do I say enough.  I feel very taken advantage of!  I know that I need to take a step back and breathe.  I also know that things are much worse for others out there and I need to be thankful for what I have.  I guess this is my way of venting and letting things out without paying a therapist!  Yay for you!!!  Not that many follow me, but at least I feel better after I have ranted a bit!  Anyway,  thanks to those who do let me vent.....

So if anyone knows of anyone needing a Radiology/Mammography/Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant/Ophthalmology Assistant  let me know!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Oh Missy...you know that I am right there with you. There are days I feel like a glorified babysitter and others that I work my tail off for nothing. I am the lowest paid person here and I seem to care more than anyone. I do have faith in the business and the owner....but the other employees? Not so much! Hope things change and get better.